Mr Crackles

This post has been long overdue. Ever since I sunk my teeth into the Crackles Classic there was no turning back...


Despite not being in the best location on Oxford Street, this place get its fair share of pork lovers at all types of hours. 

What I can't get enough of is their Crackles Classic: Crisp skinned slow roast 5 spiced pork belly served with Vietnamese salad in a roll.

What we have here is a reinterpretation of the pork roll. You'll get the two sides: the die hard Cabra pork roll lovers that feel this isn't the same, how can you replace the old school classic with this, and then you'll have the converted (like me) who grew up with the pork roll before it was Westernised, and then be blown away at how great it can taste in this format. 


The pork is melt in you mouth good....
The crackling is crunchy enough but not deadly sharp to cause injury while trying to eat it....
The salad compliments it so well and really breaks down all the meatiness....

The size... well open your mouth wide... or be prepared for some spillage.

You can even top it off some Ghost Chili sauce... (which was very mild considering it was suppose to be Ghost Chilies)


If you're just up for something "lighter" then you can just get a cup of crackling... though this was a fantastic idea.. I think the crackling on its own is way too much.. too salty, too oily and just too much of the same thing. After eating it we all felt parched...

So if you still don't believe me on how great this must-try place is... Google those reviews... you'll see so many tourist calling this place The-Must-Visit in Sydney... and I tend to agree. 

Mr Crackles on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos