Bar Luca

So Bar Luca is now Sydney's infamous place to grab a burger.. especially their Blame Canada which seems to grace every Burger Lovers list of must dos. We made it a an affair, booked a table for 8 and rocked up raring to smash down one of Sydney's top rated burgers.


So here's the downlow of the Blame Canada - 200g wagyu beef pattie, maple glazed streaky bacon, poutine & maple aioli. The initial bite was an explosion of sauce with a side of bread and meat. The sauce oozed out and it felt like my tongue was drowning slightly in a salty goo. As the overwhelming sensation passes, a pleasant and surprising sea of maple soothes out the finishing touches which brought a cheeky smile of glee to my face. The bacon could have been more crispy, the meat was quite juicy and sauce is plentiful. The shoe string fries were simple, well seasoned, slightly room temperature but all good.


To vary it up, I tried their One Pattie Fattie - wagyu pattie, double cheese, triple bacon, onion rings, lettuce, pickles, special sauce and deep fried pickle. The first reaction when the burger hit the table... "Hey someone put a turd on your burger!"

It was definitely photo worthy as it stood towering next to the Blame Canada. The deep fried pickle was tackled first and it was a pleasant crowd pleaser... though honestly... deep fried anything is great.

The sauce reminded us of the special sauce from a Big Mac and the burger itself was like a Whopper on steroids. The flavours worked extremely well together but to have the table keep comparing it a delicious Whopper really didn't feel like much of a compliment to me. I enjoyed it nonetheless but can't imaging coming back for this one.


Bar Luca does get busy BUT we found that even a Saturday night the wait wasn't ridiculous and there were still free tables. The turn over is quite fast and the food comes out even faster.


I concur, Bar Luca do some amazing burgers. The best burgers in Sydney? I don't know. I'm still loving Pub Life and Chicken and Sons more.

Bar Luca Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comments:

chocolatesuze said...

mmm i fricken love the blame canada!

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos