G Spot

As a joke my friend mentioned a place out in Gungahlin called G Spot. A food truck of some sort that serves snacks with names that make awkward conversation amongst co workers. After our walk up Mount Ainslie, we had an excuse to recoup all the calories back with a visit to G Spot.



For a small food truck, the choices were overwhelming. The frontage was bombarded with hand written menus offering burgers, hotdogs and Mexican food. All the good stuff a growing boy needs.

I ended up going for their Pig Dog - A hotdog with Shitloads of Bacon, Pork Crackling, BBQ sauce and Aioli. In all honesty, the food was half decent. Even though it's the type of stuff you stuff in your gob only when you're slightly intoxicated. The flavours were well balanced, the sauce needed to be slightly more generous, the crackling was store bought I believe and bacon was well seasoned. For a tenner, it was still a decent feed. 


My friend opted for their Lost Dog - Dog with Chips, Cheese and Gravy. It looked simple but I can imagine the flavours working for this mushy mess of a feed.



As we hung out and ate on their makeshift tables and chairs, the owner comes out and asks if we've had their Mexican... I shyly replied no and he told the chef to whip up a few samplers. His passion and pride in his food shone through our conversation and I'm glad at the end of the day he wasn't all about making the cash. He tells stories of customers travelling hours just to sample his offerings like he was telling me a story about his child graduating - pure pride. Though the calibre of the food might not be mind blowing, the service for a food van in a carpark of a golf course... it's spot on and down right friendly. 


This was enough to entice me to get a Mud Cup - Hot Chips, Chilli Con Carne, Cheese, Sour Cream and Sweet Chilli.... and he even threw on some Jalapenos because I mentioned my love for spiciness. The concoction tasted like something I'd smash down cup after cup after a few shots. Being sober, it tasted like left overs after make your own taco night smushed in a cup.


Based on its late night opening hours, the food really caters for that time frame. It's the perfect cure for those darn annoying late night hunger cravings where you feel the need to eat ten tacos or just a de-constructed burrito in a cup of hot chips.


G Spot Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos