Fuhong Barbeque Restaurant

WifeofSnackingBear always craves Chinese BBQ, and as it was her choice to choose we found ourselves dining at Fuhong in Burwood. I grew up enjoying the oily and deliciousness of Chinese BBQ on a fortnightly basis as we always seem to use it to celebrate with family. There's a lot of skill to perfect it... and once you do... the people will come. 

WifeofSnackingBear orders the typical Roast Pork and Duck with Rice and Vegetables. 


The pork and duck were both pretty decent. Nothing that will blow your socks off but it seems to be the crowd pleaser as I noticed many people ordering it to takeaway. Sauces are all self serve at the counter. 


I decided to binge on Deep Fried Calamari in Peppered Salt. I have this perception that calamari is suppose to be shaped in rings but am proven wrong by Wikipedia acknowledging calamari just signifies fried squid. I love how it's not super tender and still has a little bite to it. Seasoning is not an issue as it's got explosive flavours with the generous dusting of chives and chilli.


I love that despite not being a massive Chinese restaurant, they still start you off with a complimentary hot bowl of soup. Nothing beats free.


Most of their customers choose to takeaway but you can dine in. If you choose to do so, just grab a seat and someone will have your hot soup on your table and be ready to take your order in a jiffy. Service was quick, not quite friendly but I appreciate the efficiency. 

There's not much to the decore... the seats are low, the tables are a bit too high, the seating area is cramped, the table legs are massive and take up all your leg room but meh at least the food is cheap. 


I wasn't blown away nor eager for a revisit but I can see why people come back. It's not the type of food I normally crave for anyways but with dishes like suckling pig on the menu... it might be worth a revisit.


Fuhong Barbecue Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos