Temasek

Temasek is my wife's go-to place for Hainanese chicken. I tag along for the Nasi Goreng and company.  

The restaurant is situated in an alleyway on a quieter side of Parramatta. You really need to be in the know to discover it. In saying that, it's always busy. I fully recommend booking in advance or face standing around hoping that you get a seat.


The service here is good to below average... and that's me being nice. They really want you to eat and leave as fast as possible yet make minimum effort in getting your order and being polite. For some reason, on multiple occasions I find that my drink orders have always been forgotten... whether it be tea or that free glass of tap water.


The Hainanese rice is almost the right combo here, paired perfectly with their sauces. The sizing is decent with a price I'm happy to pay.


The Nasi Goreng here is a bit on the sweet side but I like it. I always ask for mine with some extra heat/spice/kick and the serving of prawns with it is quite generous... and all topped off with an egg.

I've tried a few other things on their menu but haven't really came across anything I'd go back for except these two dishes. The meal came out to be around $30 with two cups of tea.

Temasek's biggest let down is their service. The majority of staff look like they don't want to be there and can't wait for the day to end. Chances are you will be herded in and out like cattle... but I'm just here for the food. Sad to say it but I never expect good service from Asian restaurants anymore. Good service is just an added bonus.


Click to add a blog post for Temasek on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos