Chef's Palette

Chef's Palette is essentially part of the Korean chain My Sweet Memory. This is a revisit after taking home two boxes of desserts to smash through between a bunch of good friends. We opted to do a quick brunch before heading off for some Virtual Reality Golf nearby.


To start off I chose their Kimchi Dog with Sausage, Kimchi, Cos Lettuce, Caramelized Onion, Halloumi Cheese, topped with Sriracha Chilli Sauce and Chips. The highlights were the kimchi and
Sriracha sauce mixture. It really turned up a notch on the flavour of the hotdog. Another highlight were their chips, so well seasoned and herby. The let down was their el cheapo sausage and bun.


My friend ordered their Chef's Plate, which is essentially an all day breakfast dish. It definitely was not enticing enough for him to provide any more positive feedback then "nothing special".


The fig tart was my dessert of choice. The tart, like most of their dessert choices, was no different as it reflects a well made and balanced after-meal treat.


As the tart crumbled in my mouth I really love the earthy nuttiness which is then balanced by the sweet figs. Not only is it beautifully presented, it actually tastes good too.


Unnecessary but tempted/persuaded by a well placed advert, I ordered their Iced Green Tea Blend. It was a refreshing beverage that was just sweet enough with a subtle green tea essence.


We were lucky to get a seat during a peak lunchtime period. Though in saying that turnover is quite quick and if you're aiming to try then I do suggest waiting.


I enjoyed their friendly service which is not the norm in Strathfield.  It was nice to even have a chat with the coffee making connoisseur about the art of coffee decorating while we waited in line. I like seeing people with a passion at their job.


The savoury dishes are decent, often reflecting or replicating what other cafes do, but their dessert menu is a true reflection of why you would come here.


  Chef's Palette Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos