The One That's Delicious

Yet again a visit to West Acton Park after a bike ride around the lake. On most nights you'll find that the business here have very few customers which makes it easier to find seats and chillax while eating some decent food. Don't let the lack of crowd be the judge of quality. Still quite a conservative food haunt for those in the know... but it won't stay much of a secret for long. 


The dish to come for at The One would have to be their press buns. I asked for a recommendation and the bun of choice suggested was The Cubanos - A buttered American Style Bun housing home made onions, pickle mix, chilli emulsion, slaw, slow cooked sous vide pork, honey smoked ham, cheese mix and mustard. 
   

The initial view of the cross section was picture perfect. This itself shows pressed bun perfection to a tee. As you first chomp into it, the fillings all meld together into this oozy goodness that just made me smile. Everything worked so well in harmony, the sauces were subtle yet present, the meat was tender but not disintegrated and the cheese and pickles add the random spikes of interest that kept me wanting more. Though the price was on the higher end at $13,50 for a sandwich essentially, you definitely pay for what you get.


The Flat Head Taco filled with guac, Thai slaw, beer battered flathead, garlic and sumac emulsion, pickle mix and fresh lime was another story. The fish was crunchy but dry... too heavily deep fried with thick batter that left me wishing for more fish. The sauces and additions just didn't add anything to pick up the dish from that point.


Service is friendly and professional but you will be whacked with a credit card surchage. Nonetheless definitely swing pass this shipping container village filled with good eats and stop by The One for their pressed buns... a nice different but not so different change from the good ol' burger.


The One Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos