Hub House Diner

We rocked up on a Saturday night with no booking and we only manage to find a seat outside at the furthest point. I have to give full credit to the staff as they were just attentive with us as anyone else inside the restaurant... which is not always the case. 


As a sharing plate for all we started with the House Plank which consisted of Chicken Wings, Zucchini Fritters, Corn and Pork Ribs. It was all plated on a wooden serving board, paired with sauces and the chicken in a metal bucket.


The fritters were soft, fluffy and light yet so full of flavour. The chicken wings were surprisingly perfect, well seasoned and deep fried to the tee. Pork ribs were decent and a little dry but paired with the sauces on the platter made it sufficient. The corn was sweet and simple.


We then tried their Hub Cheeseburger - Signature Beef Pattie American Jack, Frilly Lettuce, Tomato, Fresh Spanish Onion Ring, Gherkin and Cheeseburger Sauce.  I wasn't looking forward to it but it ended up being surprisingly good... juicy beef, well balanced flavours and enough sauce for most bites.


My burger of choice was the Crispy Bird Burger - Breaded Chicken Fillet, Double Smoked Bacon, Gruyere, Slaw, Gherkin, Onion and Smokey Chipotle Aioli. After my initial bite, my expression sank fast. The burger was so monotonous. Every bite lacked any distinguishing features and all the ingredients blended into a mush of similar flavours. I missed the contrast that keeps it interesting.


We even "Pimped My Fries" with truffles and manchego cheese... which in my opinion was almost good enough to rival the infamous Charlie and Co. Despite how full we were, we couldn't help but pick at it.


My poison for the night - Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie. I love the explosive taste of peanut butter and the subtle hints of banana. This just shows there's no need to add Nutella or cake to a drink to make it a standout. I applaud it for it's simplicity and all round deliciousness.


I just wanted to say thanks to Zomato and Hub House for paying for the meal. By no means did it effect my judgement and I did my utmost best to keep my review as honest as possible.

The Hub House Diner Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos