XS Espresso

So in the past I've expressed nothing but head shakes at this fad of obsessive and over indulgent milkshakes... but yet the foodie in me still finds it's way out and I still feel obliged to give some of the more well known ones a visit. XS Espresso is located in Wetherill Park where I grew up, so I was more than excited to head back out west to see how the area has developed. 


The first thing that comes to mind about Wetherill Park would be their new Stocklands... XS Espresso is not located there. For some reason I just assumed any new and happening cafe would be there. It's actually located slightly north where the RTA and Officeworks is (or you can check the GPS like I should have).


We sat down and all I wanted to try was their Volcano - an epic collection of Nutella, Coconut, Oreo, Ice Cream topped with a warm Chocolate Souffle. Damn! My body shivered at the thoughts of diabetes as I paypaled the payment. 


You get exactly what you order... a Souffle on top of a Milkshake. Literally sugar on sugar. We all take a moment to satisfy our Instagram urges and then it was time to dig in. 



I dug the straw through the souffle and into the milkshake and started inhaling. Everything collapsed and formed an instant worm hole. Through the worm hole you get the warm chocolate souffle mixed with the cold Nutella dominated shake and every inch of your body knows it's bad but that kid inside you just can't help but scream with joy. Though bear in mind these dessert/drinks can go from delicious to nauseatingly sweet in a split second.


I'm not ashamed to admit that I was definitely defeated by the milkshake.... leaving around half a souffle drowning at the base of the glass container. 


Despite my disapproval of this new craze of injecting Nutella into every dessert orifice, you can at least be assured at $14 you're still getting value for money. Essentially a dessert and a drink in one. A comment needed to be made about the service of this place as it's a bit on the slack end... and it wasn't even jam packed with customers.


No doubt someone on your social network has uploaded photos of this place and for good reason... by far the best I've had... 


XS Espresso Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos