Do Dee Paidang Thai

For an authentic Thai experience you definitely need to give Do Dee Paidang a visit. Most times I've visited I'm shocked to see so many Thai people gathered in one location.


Their Massaman Curry was the ultimate deceiver. It came out looking dry and tired but after your first spoonful I was blown away by the melt in your mouth meat and flavour packed punches I was taking to the stomach. My only gripe was the sauce was more on the watery end and less on the creamy end as I'd normally prefer.


Just when you think a forkful of salad is the cure for the chilli aftermath their Tum Kai Kem (Sliced salted egg mixed with green papaya, lime juice, fish sauce, dried shrimps, palm sugar and chilli) packs its own lil' surprise. Though still refreshing I found the dish drowning in sauce and everything became soggy way too quickly.


The other dish of greens we sampled was their Crispy Pork with Chinese Broccoli - Stir fried crispy pork belly with oyster sauce and Chinese broccoli. Yet again another dish that was quite average and forgettable.


Their Tom Yum Soup (this one was the Do Dee Devil Level 2) should have a disclaimer. With spice levels up to seven, I manage to only get to level two before I was put into place (and I always thought I have a high chilli tolerance). With such high intensity levels of chilli kick, it's almost a great place to go and see what level you can manage before waving the white flag. Level 2 left a long lingering burn... to a point where it wasn't as enjoyable as it should be.


The almost perfect accompaniment would be a small bag of pork crackling. I don't even know if this is what it's meant for but WifeOfSnackingBear and co love their crackling none the less. 


The go to dish for many Thai food diners would be the Pad See Ew - Stir fried flat rice noodle in black sweet sauce and oyster sauce, egg and Chinese broccoli. Though delicious it lacked the oomph in flavour in comparison to the others on the menu.


We sampled a few mason jars of sweet Thai Ice Coffee, the perfect cure if you chose the wrong spice level for your Tom Yum.


We got recommended their Mango with Sticky Rice. The twist is it comes in three different colours and flavours... all of which is uniquely scrumptious in their own way. 


The highlight dessert had to be their Fried Bread and Pandan Custard. The fried bread comes out piping hot and fluffy. That side of Pandan Custard makes the dish... make sure you order an extra plate... you won't regret it.


Like most good Thai restaurants their service was friendly and attentive when it counted and most importantly it was efficient. Despite the growing number of customers in the restaurant, they had enough staff to keep up with the demand. There is a slight English barrier at times but mostly fine.


Since my first visit, I've been here again to resample their Tom Yum. With a large array choices and friendly staff, it offers enough variety to cater for all taste buds.... and for you chilli lovers... go take the challenge and let me know your heat tolerance... and possible aftermath stories....

Do Dee Paidang Thai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

CC said...

Hi,

I just came across your blog and love it - love how you post about all the local places that I always go to, e.g., Canton Noodle House, Cafe Aroma, etc. Looking forward to reading more posts!

- CC

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment! I've been lazy recently but I really got to get back into it!

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos