Chez Kimchi

With so many offerings of Korean Fried Chicken (KFC) in Sydney I was shocked to find so little in Canberra. The trend is slow to overflow here but with the opening of Chez Kimchi and the many patrons it seems to always have I was in high spirits to get a table and sink my teeth into some fatty calories.


So the standard fried chicken hits the table first and it all looks good... until you bite into it. The chicken pieces were thin, dry and the only thing it had going for it was the crispy batter. Other than that, it was as far from succulent as it can be. 


The highlight was the Snow Cheese Fried Chicken... mainly for it's smell and appearance... but it too offered more batter than meat... It would have been forgivable if this wasn't the case for the entire plate. It eventually got to the point where we both were fighting over who should be forced to finish the plate as to who can have the last piece. I hope others experience at Chez Kimchi doesn't bring a bad name to KFC. This is definitely not how it is in Sydney.


We got the pork dumplings as a starter. It was quite doughy but still still enough meat to contrast. A nice simple and homely dish to get the appetite rolling.


My standard drink of choice with these meals is any Korean beer offering on the menu. In this case a Hite... nice, refreshing and easy to drink and wash down all the oil intake.


Typically Korean restaurants are one of the better places for Asian service. Unfortunately I couldn't even get someone smile with my service. They were efficient with the ordering and delivery of food at least.


I think Korean Fried Chicken has a set a new high price for chicken in general... which I've come to accept... but for the quality and service, I'd give this place a miss (I'm seriously hoping this was just a bad night/batch of chicken and will wait for someone to convince me of a revisit).

Chez Kimchi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comments:

KIRUTHIVASAN said...

I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Chez Kimchi" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites Vegetarian restaurant | Sweet Shop

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos