Leaf Cafe and Co

So nearby home there has been a recent revamp of what use to be a large waste of space housing nothing more than Anaconda, Party Warehouse and a rooftop Bowling Alley. Now it's a booming mall on it's on right with strong hitters like Kmart, Woolies, Aldi and many small cafes. One of the more noteworthy cafes has to be Leaf Cafe and Co. It's located right besides Woolies and constantly draws a decent crowd of diners. Fortunately nothing ridiculous though where you would have to wait in line. 


I started with their Omelette with Rustic Loaf... which offers many choices and varieties. The first choice involve what you want in your omelette and the second involves the type of bread. Their bread offering is quite impressive and delicious. I found the omelette a bit on the dry side, espeically with no sauce. You can of course ask for sauce but it's a shame it doesn't come with any in the first place. The winner here was the bread. The boulot with butter just made the dish... with its perfect crunch and rich flavours.


My wife opted for their Bacon and Egg Roll - two free range eggs, bacon on schiaciatta with tomato relish. I think the first surprise was that it wasn't a roll at all and more of a sandwich. I personally love crunchy bacon to which this was not but at least it wasn't drenched in oil. The successful combination of bacon and eggs just works and both of which was also cooked well and paired with the light relish (despite my love for sauce, sauce and more sauce) was actually quite sufficient and satisfying. The bread again was the winner here. Love the bread at this place.


Things to know about this place:
- They left their weekday specials on the board on the weekend which initially drew me in and then to find out it wasn't available.
- You grab your own table and you order at the counter so don't stand at the door waiting to be served.


The staff here were friendly and were helpful with all the questions I had. The water is self serve as well near the counter.


The pricing is fair for the quality you get. I also love their industrial themed decore.


I'm glad to have such a nice and lovely cafe nearby home. Definitely worth the stop off if you're in the area and you need to cure the hunger pangs.

Leaf Cafè & Co Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos