The Boat House

For a friend's birthday we made the journey to Summer Bay aka Palm Beach. It wasn't for any crazy Home and Away fan tour but just to enjoy the views and food of The Boat House. I thought coincidentally there are a few places by the water also called the Boat House to then realise they were all under the same umbrella. 


Something that caught our eyes was their Market Fruit Plate - a platter of fresh, eye popping fruits presented for the wow factor. I didn't try any but for the health conscious individuals... there's an alternative to gouging on a boring salad for brunch.  


I opted for their Green Eggs and Ham - poached eggs, leg ham + grilled heirloom tomatoes & basil pesto. 


The dish was plated lop sided, the eggs were just covered in a mild green paste and it felt clearly not worthy of the $22 price tag. I sat there trying to sort through the few rashes of bacon, tiny eggs and sourdough to construct some sort of balanced meal or perfect bite. I think we were sold on the name(damn you Dr Seuss) but the dish felt like it struck out. 


One of my friends had their Bacon + egg roll with bbq sauce/tomato relish/cherry tomato chilli jam. He remarked that it was better than my Green Eggs and Ham.


I had a slight banter with the guy at the counter whether my milkshake will come with some sort of cake on top. He laughed and told me it's served traditional. Nothing better than slurping down Caramel Milkshake done without the bells and whistles. 


This place gets busy. We rocked up an hour before noon and it was packed. There are a lot of seating options but the prime ones with a view will require patience or coming earlier. To order food, form a line through the middle of the restaurant, that ends at a counter. The menus are plastered up on the wall and in front of them is where you self-serve cutlery and water.


A nice calorie burning after meal activity would be the not-so-light stroll up to the lighthouse. The views and natural cool sea breezes are worth the steep incline workout.  


With almost no competition nearby, you can understand why this place is jam packed with patrons. This place backs on to million dollar views of the water serving fresh food to people who expect nothing less. Well worth the cruisey drive to Palm Beach if you haven't been.

The Boathouse Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos