Petaling Express

After raving reviews from my sister... and any excuse for WifeOfSnackingBear to eat Hainanese Chicken... we made our way to Strathfield Plaza to sample what Petaling Express has to dish out.


So I was after something that wasn't Nasi Lemak and ended up chowing down their Nasi Pattaya - Malaysian fried rice placed inside an omelette... and that's exactly what you get! The flavours, the smell, the presentation were all positively appealing and it only got better as I cracked through the egg wrapping to find my fried rice. This came paired with a sambal that delivered a kick worthy of a thumbs up.


My only gripe was the Satay Chicken I opted as an extra for $2.50... the portion size was a tad small in my opinion.


WifeOfSnackingBear's favourite - Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice with Soup. Normally you would have to pay extra for boneless but this is the only way it's served here... as it should be. The chicken rice was aromatic and paired with chicken that was soft and smooth and topped off a chilli sauce that sets fireworks in your mouth. What a winning combination from an unexpected contender. The dish was balanced to the tee and I even drank their soul warming soup with the meal... which is something I normally prefer not to...


We shared a cup of their Air Mata Kuching Ice - a drink made of dried longan and winter melon. It was the perfect accompaniment to such spices and flavours. I really wanted to have a Teh Terek but they sold out.


The only real let down of the night was their Roti Kaya - Handmade roti served with kaya paste. The roti wasn't soft and fluffy plus they were a bit stingy with the kaya paste. All in all a dessert that wasn't worth the calorie hit.


I love their decore, heavily themed off street food hawker style. The restaurant doesn't offer much seating but you can get your food delivered out to the communal tables outside... which was also quite packed. The girl serving at the counter was friendly, pragmatic and very helpful when I had questions about the drink bar. The drink bar offers free cold water but also paid drinks sit right next to it and no-one is watching it like a hawk.. so really just a trust system.


From just those few dishes, I'd be more than happy to come back for another chow down session with WifeOfSnackingBear.

Petaling Express Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comments:

chocolatesuze said...

mmm the Hainanese Chicken Rice looks delish

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos