Milk Bar by Cafe-Ish

After reading about this place I was very keen on making the slightly longer lunchtime walk just to try this place out. The staff greeted you immediately when you enter. It was lunchtime and none was dining in. I also felt instantly pressured to order and noone really offered to help with the menu choices or recommendations. The menu was written on the wall in a fancy manner and all over the place making it hard to quickly decipher and make a choice. I ended up choosing this meal deal with a cheeseburger, fries and shake. 

I chose to sit alone at the back of the restaurant, as most customers chose to take-away. At the back they have some old school arcade machines which were creative BUT they chose to stack some boxes on them. Really, you ran out of storage? Why turn something that was cool into a table? It made the place look quite unimpressive... well more so....

The chef, with only a few orders, managed to get two orders wrong. He then tried to argue with the boss who yelled at him in front of all the customers. This initially made for some interesting entertainment as I waited for my meal BUT the second arguement time was like watching your parents fight. In fact it was so awkward I didn't even finish my meal and left the restaurant. 

The burger looked small and tasted dry. The sauce on the side wasn't enough to share among the super oily chips and the dry cheeseburger. The quality of the patio was good, just a shame with the lack of sauce.... 


On a high note, the peanut butter and jelly milkshake was quite refreshing and blended so perfectly... no ingredient overpowered each other and it just worked. I saw someone come in and buy two shakes... and then sat outside and drank them both...


They do have something cool going on here. I can sense that some of their other food options could be a gem but my experience has left me a bit hesitant to return...

Milk Bar by Cafe Ish on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos