Jasmine 1

I was shocked to find that in my repertoire of blogs I have yet to include Jasmines. This local Lebanese restaurant has got to be the best value, consistent quality meal I would recommend to others.


As a couple, I recommend one sharing of their mixed platter for $18. This will include 2 of the best falafels you've ever had, kibbeh, mixed grilled meat, tabouli, hummus, baba ganoush, a grilled onion piece, a piece of bread soaked in oil and grilled and topped off with raw onions.


The free sides include pickles and vegetables, a bag full of pre-cut bread and even a turkish tea to finish off the meal.


All this for less than $9 a person. There's even garlic sauce, a bottle of oil and chilli sauce as well. All perfect pairings to the meal.

The drinks are self serve from the fridge and at the end it's all based on trust to let them know what you took...


The only thing you have to deal with is them saying "Oh that's all?" when you opt for one mixed platter for two... But to that I don't understand why as the meal is ridiculous large for just one person... matter of fact sometimes we can't even finish the platter between the two of us.

I spoke to my friend at work and asked him how can people eat one whole mixed platter themselves. He explained that it's probably the fact they grew up with it and that's they always eat so it never felt like a lot... and told me that his friend eats two platters... Wow.. just wow... what a beast!


Jasmine 1 on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos