On Ramen

I read reviews about the recent Noodle Market and realised they had a Ramen Burger. I was so disappointed that I didn't attend thinking that the Noodle Market is the same gathering of stores every year and its just overcrowded and unpleasant. Yes, I do sound like I'm ageing way too fast. Though upon more research by my fiancee we found that On Ramen served the infamous Ramen Burger and off we went.


We rocked up Sunday morning, nice and early. Way too early for Japanese as it's not one of those breakfast nor brunch meals. We were the only ones in the restaurant. It was tucked away on the corner facing Harry's, who were also up early selling Bacon and Egg rolls. 


The food came out and the burger was as small as a slider. And for the price of $12.50 I could have gotten 6 McDoubles for that. I assume they were going for the small servings means upper class food and you appreciate it more appeal. Hence the long lines of people during lunchtimes wanting to try it. We Sydney-siders love that...

The ramen noodles were crunchy and tough in bits and in general it was burnt. Too burnt for my liking. The slightly burnt bits were nice and bitter and added that contrast to the overall sweetness of the meat and ramen. The salad inside consisted of corn, lettuce, tomato and onion. Tomato was a bit weird as I don't usually find that in my ramen.


I love the wasabi mash on the side. It was the perfect compliment to the dish. 

The staff in the back seem to be speaking Mandarin and the staff at the front were greeting people in Japanese. 


I think this is going to be like the Cronut Craze unless they eventually fix up the kinks in the burger. Definitely worth a try though for what its worth. 


On Ramen on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos