Everybody's Cafe

Following in the "foodsteps" of the Filipinos... we had to make a beeline for Everybody's Cafe. Known for it's more exotic authentic local dishes, I was excited to sit down and get my food on.... despite not having the best stomach for it due to a previous street food contamination.


Being in Philippines culinary capital it's finally nice to venture out and experience some of what they have to offer. The day was Chinese New Year which was a public holiday and it was a great sign to see this place booming with customers.


We sat down as a group of five and ordered a few dishes to share. The Morcon (beef roll), Fried Mole Crickets and Stuffed Frogs. We even got a bowl of soup for free to start off the meal.

The dishes were interesting... I've had frog before and was unsurprised that it taste like chicken. Yes yes.. I know everything tastes like chicken.


My favourite dish was the Fried Mole Crickets... with my previous experiences with cockroaches and meal worms... I felt a lot less apprehensive this time in devouring these creatures. The were diced up so it wasn't as confronting. I loved how when they dissolve in your mouth it tasted of warm oils and vinegar. In my opinion, a perfect unconventional snack to pair with beers.


It was a great experience and I'm glad I tried it but it's not the type of food I'd go back for again and again like a trusty good ol' dependable burger.

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos