Thy Vietnamese Eatery

So back in Cabramatta we are again to venture on another eating journey... this time my sister's shouting lunch... so here I am, punctual, armed with a camera and ready to eat...

The suggested restaurant was Thy Vietnamese Eatery... All i knew about this place was that they had some amazing Banh Xeo, which is a Vietnamese Style Crispy Fried Pancake. 


We chose to try Banh Cuon, which is steamed rice rolls with meat and pork ham. To be honest, this is not my favourite dish in general, so it's hard for me to comment... but the others love it. The wrapping was thin, fillings were generous and worked perfectly paired with some chilli fish sauce.


We also ordered their specialty, Banh Xeo. I felt that this dish lacked seasoning with the fillings. I was made aware that this is how it's traditionally made... and even when you wrap it with the vegetables and dip it with the fish sauce, overall it still felt bland. If the meat was slightly seasoned, it would have just enhanced this dish further.

Though in saying all this, the pancake itself was superb. It smelt wonderful arriving to the table and tasted fantastic on it's own.

The last dish we had was Banh Beo, steamed rice cakes. This is definitely one of my favourites growing up. Such a simple dish BUT when done right, you can pop over a dozen in your mouth before realising you over ate. Unfortunately this place made the rice cakes a bit too thick. Eat bite felt too doughy in contrast with the toppings.


I don't feel my judgements on this place is that harsh.. I mean it was Saturday lunchtime in Cabramatta and the place was barely half full... I think that speaks for itself...

Thy Vietnamese Eatery on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos