Mary's City

After having been at Mary's in Newtown and being subjected to waiting in the cold for a seat inside to dine on their infamous burger... I yet again made the trek to the CDB branch this time and yet again lined up for over 30 minutes during my lunch break for a taste of their chicken burger.... and while I was there why not sample their milkshake as well.


To my surprise the chicken burger lived up to and surpassed my expectation. The chicken was so soft and drenched in sauce. The salad was a lazy attempt but it all fitted perfectly in the end. Though if I was being critical I'd have to say that the overall taste level was a bit salty. Which seems to be a common conclusion on the burger. Despite it all, still one of the better burgers in Sydney by far.


The thickshake was an interesting take... also a very popular add on as far as I can see... with at least 50% of the customers having one in the hand as they waited patiently for their orders. It was burnt maple flavoured... they also had a popcorn flavour as well. I can taste the sweetness of the maple but I'm quite bad at detecting the burnt-ness in my food/drinks...

For an extra $1 you can make it a meal which will include some fries. Personally I'd save your calorie intake as the fries are quite forgettable. Plus as a bonus your order comes out faster without fries.

Will I line up again? Definitely.. and I'll bring some friends too...

Mary's City on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Bianca@forfoodssake said...

I need to get to Marys CBD and check out that chicken burger!!! It has to happen!!

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos