Greenwood Chinese Restaurant

As part of a belated Chinese New Year celebration my sister's mother-in-law shouted us to yum cha at Green Chinese Restaurant. 


On Sundays the whole Greenwood Plaza seems to be abandoned and hidden away from the Pacific Highway side is this busy Yum Cha restaurant. I suggest street parking as opposed to paying for the flat rate Wilson parking below the plaza.


Even though the place was busy it was no congested... unlike the ones at Cabramatta. There was no line out the door, the tables were banked so close together that the trolly knocks your chair and people weren't running around frantically.


These sesame balls were plumped up after being deep fried. As large as one and half oranges. We ordered them just out of amazement.


I think one of the highlights for me had to be the fried taro with meat. It was amazing. Even enough to compete with my favourite at Vinh Phat at Cabramatta. The mixture inside wasn't as silky smooth but the outer layer was done magnificently.


I've never been a fan of buns. I took a small sample later in the meal when it was cold. It was hard to eat and just unpleasant to me.


The pastries on these were done well. Even enough for my mum to praise them as she normally would;t consider eating something so indulgent.


I didn't even try one of these. We over overed....


Nothing like a plate of vegetables to break down all the dim sims and carbs you're intaking.


The dim sims were a lighter colour than usual and the meatiness not as intense. Overall still had good texture and if you smother in the chilli sauces you probably won't even notice much. On another note, what restaurant is so tight with sauces...we had nine people on the table and they started off with one plate of chilli sauce to share.


The prawn dumplings were great... you can't really go too wrong with these... quite consistent across all restaurants.


I loved how the trolley lady brought this to our table and did a whole spiel on how great this was... and how they don;t always have it and we must try it... eventually after a minute she manage to sell the dish. The squid was cooked great... so soft and tender.


It was funny to reminisce that when I was young my parents only ordered the Prawn Cheung Fun (Rice Noodle Roll)... and until early university I thought that was the only option it came in... until my friend ordered the beef version... they even have a Char Siu (BBQ Pork) version as well....


... but I think I still prefer the prawn one...


My dad was craving the chicken feet so we waited so long for these to be made that I actually had some dessert beforehand... Greenwood makes this dish differently.. there seems to be a replacement of normal beans and no black bean. The flavour wasn't as intense as well.


To top it off.. mango pancake... my sister's request of course. I'm not a big fan of mango pancake at all... so i took a tiny bite and found it rather bland....

Overall it's not a bad yum cha place to go to... i didn't see what the bill came to BUT I'm certain that there's better value and better quality yum cha joints in Cabramatta...

Greenwood Seafood Restaurant on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos