Lucky Thai and Lao Restaurant

For Mother's Day we introduced my parents to a local Thai and Laos restaurant right near where they live. I don't know why we never ate here as a family, as I've tried it multiple times and have had a 100% satisfaction rate so far. I always say it, but I'll say it yet again... my trip to Thailand has always left me with higher than usual expectation particularly for this cuisine.

We started off the order with a raw beef larb salad. The salad aspect is not much but I love the taste of the raw beef mixture. I must admit it's an acquired taste (and the idea of raw meat might be discouraging) but I'd still recommend it to those who are game enough as the flavours are just fantastic.


We also got a fried rice ( and some sticky rice)... which was cooked well. The rice was nice and fluffy and well seasoned throughout.


No Thai/Laos experience can be without a dish of Papaya salad.. and in this case it was Laos Styled. The addition of Laos fish sauce really sets the salad apart.


We also got a Massaman Curry. This was the one of the let downs of the meal. The beef wasn't slow cooked long enough and was slightly chewy. The potatoes were not melt in mouth soft... and overall it was a little too sweet to the tongue.


Another classic dish are Laos sausages. It was well prepared and paired perfectly with their sauce.


We also got a plate of Ox Tongue where every piece was so tender and just fantastic. It's rare to be so consistently good.


The other curry we got was their Duck Curry. This was heaven in a bowl. I could have just had the sauce and rice all day. This was definitely one of my favourites.


My mum was keen on trying their Seafood dish wrapped in foil. It arrived at the table, with a blue fire lit underneath. It would have had a lot more wow factor if this was in the evening, as it was hard to notice during the day.


There was little description on what it was... but tasted like a mushy steamed egg dish with seafood. I think the whole family agreed this was their least favourite.


To finish off the meal we tried their Tiger Tears. Well cooked piece of beef which was tender to the bite.


With great food and service... and despite not being near this place... I'm keen to keep it in memory when I'm in need for a good Thai/Laos fix.

Lucky Thai & Lao Restaurant on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos