Yasaka Ramen

I noticed this place a while ago when it first opened but their motto of No Ramen No Life made my wife utter "Lame".... and the opportunity to try was a distant memory. Though after she read an article about it online, something changed her mind and I was able to finally get my taste test. 


After first noticing it, I for some reason could only remember this place as the "Eat Ramen or Die" restaurant...


So as a group of 6 we made our way there. Don't be fooled by how little room there is when you walk in and wait in line... there's an upstairs eating section too.


The turnover was quite fast, and while you wait in line, you can watch the lady cramped in a small room making the noodles.


I noticed the Spicy Ramen option... and opted for a Level 3 Spicy Ramen with Shoyu. What came out just took me by surprise. The chilli factor was intense. I think I broke into a sweat after a few bites. It literally destroyed the taste of the ramen and my enjoyment.... which is no fault of the restaurant.  In fact the only way I managed to complete the meal was to pour the remaining broth from my wife's bowl into mine to dilute the heat.


Luckily before I stupidly ordered my insane Spicy Ramen... I manage to sample my wife's order for the night, Egg Noodle Ramen with Shoyu. The egg was cooked perfectly, the meat was not rough or dry and had a nice balance of fat to meat ratio and the broth is thick and flavoursome. It was quite perfect in my books.... which makes me wonder why the Urbanspoon ratings are so low...


With great customer service, delicious food and a insane spice levels that knocked me out 'til the next day... I'd definitely recommend this as a place to try.

Yasaka Ramen on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos