The Tuck Shop

The wife and I, being quite the newbies to the North Western part of Sydney, we got a suggestion to sample the food at The Tuck Shop. With burgers on the menu and always on my mind... there was nothing else I was going to sample...

The place was packed and it was quite hard to find a seat. Not only packed with people but for the winter time... there was an abundant amount of flies buzzing around as well... which was quite odd. 

My wife sampled their Cheese Burger - beef patty, pickles, cheese, onions, sweet mustard, ketchup and old bay fries. It was so perfectly shaped that it was shame to have to bite into it. The bun was thick and plump and the burger combination tasted like a gourmet McDonalds cheeseburger. My mother in law and my wife both found it too dense.. but I actually enjoyed that about the burger.


I opted for their Panko Buttermilk Chicken Burger - chicken breast, wasabi aioli, asian slaw, mango chutney and old bay fries. The chicken breast was dry but the wasabi aioli saved the burger. It was definitely messy to eat but without the sauce the burger is doomed. The panko didn't even add the crispy crunch I was hoping. The fries were very so-so... and came out luke warm...


I can see why a place like this would boom with large crowds... It serves decent coffees, decent burgers and you don't have to leave Glenhaven... It essentially brings the Surry Hills experience to here.


But as for me, I don't think I'd go for another 40 minute drive out here just to eat their burgers...


The Tuckshop on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos