Los Vida

A sale on a Groupon deal has led me to feast at Los Vida with my wife. The menu was quite set in the deal BUT we were given a few choices along the way.

For starters, we chose the Bean Dip with Totopos - pinto beans, black beans, olive oil and red jalapeño with queso fresco. 

It was a decent start to the Mexican feast. Mind you after work... I sometimes feel like I can eat anything. The chips were crunchy but slightly under seasoned for my liking. It paired well with the beans and both servings were quite fair.  


Next up was a plate of Patatas Bravas which tasted just like what we had in Barcelona.... good times with good memories! It was a mixture of potatoes with sweet potatoes which added a nice balance to the dish. The brava sauce and garlic folic with chives was so delicious we started dipping other dishes into it just to mop up the sauce.


Next we had the Chicharron De Queso Y Chorizo - house made loose chorizo and fresh paper thin roll of toasted cheese with guacamole. The chicharron was chewy which was disappointing but the chorizo mixture underneath was very flavoursome.


We also got grilled corn on the cob with coriander, butter, lime and chipotle cream with quest fresco.  My wife loved the sauce... so much so we practically licked it off the plate. The corn was sweet and juicy as well... though it could have been seasoned a bit more as it was a bit bland without the sauce.


As part of the deal we also got two drinks, and the waitress suggested getting a cocktail as it was the most expensive thing on the menu. I don't know why the Asian in me decided to go value for money and ordered a margarita... but I did (despite my pet hates for cocktails)... It was cucumber and jalapeño favoured... and quite disgusting... just stick with the standard sangria...


For mains I had the Yucatan Blue Eyed Cod - 200g fillet of blue eye cod yucatan style and smokey rogue sauce with latin pickles. To be honest... the mains were the let down of the night. They both were well cooked, looked and tasted fine... but it just lacked that Mexican feel to it. A somewhat fusion dish just to cater for the lack of Mexican mains... There was also a tragic lack of sauce... leaving me with a dry fish to swallow.


My wife got the Beef Fillet - 150g sliced beef fillet served medium rate with butter mole... also lacking in sauce but at least the beef was super tender.


To finish off the meal, we got Churros with chocolate sauce... the dish was completely ruined with the lack of chocolate sauce... and we were left with dry churros... such a shame...


The place is located inside Westfields Pitt Street... offering inside seating (which Iopted against because the lighting was ultra dim) and the seating out front... The service was top notch, quick and polite.


Overall it was a decent experience... with the voucher I manage to get this meal for two for around $41... without the voucher I would have spent over $100... that being said with the voucher it just made the meal barely worth it for the quality we got... though without the voucher... would I have ordered so much... probably not... I definitely would not return without some kind of discount in the future...


Los Vida on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos