Why Thai Restaurant

The worst thing about working around Randwick is finding food that beckons me to try it. I find myself wandering aimlessly down the streets looking at any food place that screams "Eat Me". Eventually I just gave up and settled for Why Thai. 

Why thai? I ask myself the same question as I place an order at the front counter and plonked myself in the corner. The answer was simple... $8.90 lunch specials.

I guess to judge generic Thai places like this... especially when I'm only planning to try the $8.90 lunch special deal... I'd go for my usual... Pad Kee Mao. What I'm after is that taste of noodles fried in a hot wok with almost a slight smoked taste to it... and naturally a kick from the chilli.

What it did have was a nice chilli sensation but the noodles was too mushy... like the heat of the wok wasn't hot enough or it's been microwaved too long....



I mean for $8.90 it was an average but fair lunch. The service was at least fast and polite... and the place does draw in a few people also opting for something cheap on the lunch specials...

I think Thailand upped my expectation of Thai food to a new level.... and these places serving up mediocre food at budget prices just doesn't cut it no more for me...

Why Thai Restaurant on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos