Bugrashov

This corner burger joint offers a nice variety of interesting burgers, rolls and wraps. I noticed it on one of my long random lunch walks.



I wanted to give this place a proper review and decided to do it over two visits.


My first visit I chose the Falafel Burger with their house made falafel patty topped with lettuce, tomato, pickles and tahini. The bun, patty and tahini all was soft and blended into a mushy delicious bite. Would have been nice to get a more firm patty to break up the texture but it also made the patty not so dry as well. I did end up pairing my burger with a spicy chilli sauce that just really added the extra kick I preferred. Overall I enjoyed the taste but the burger alone still left me quite hungry @ $8.50.


My second visit I decided to try their Happy Hour deal - 2 rolls for $8, as opposed to $5 per roll. I can't find these on the menu so they might be something new they've added but have not updated their website.

I chose one pulled beef and one pulled pork on a cheap and soft white bread roll. You then get a checklist of salads you would like on your roll. They give you the option to have some mayo on the roll as well. Then head to the self serve sauce bar on the side because chances are it will be too dry without it.


The beef wasn't bad... but the pork was too dry... even with the sauce. They were quite generous with the meat though. Both still tasted like a cheap roll you can make at home. The bun fell apart too easily as well and there was no dressing or anything on the salad to show it some love... but for $4 a roll... that's a pretty cheap lunch...


What I do love about this place is the self serve sauce station with takeaway sauce containers. I love being treated like an adult and not restricting us to the sauces I want and need. We're not kids, and you don't treat us like we are...

The staff were fantastic. A great friendly service with a smile and they were more than happy to answer my random questions like what kind of roll do you use. With no real decent burger joints around... I can see myself giving this place a revisit... for their burgers... not their rolls...


Bugrashov on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos