Yiamas Greek Taverna

We headed to Yiamas for a Friday night dinner with my wife's family. After reading some reviews I was excited by the high and consistent ratings of this place. As the night grew later, the restaurant was completely packed with diners.

After looking at the menu and choosing an array of dishes to try we realised it was probably better value to settle for a $42 per head set menu.

To start off we got some bread and greek salad... The hardest part of set menus, especially if you've never had it before, is to pace yourself so you don't fill up on the carbs early (always have to learn things the hard way). It's almost customary to bring out some form of bread to start you off...


We also got two dips... tzatziki and tarama... with the tarama being the dip of choice among most of us.


A plate of haloumi cheese... quite standard... not as salty as some I've had before which was nice.


A dish of calamari which was cooked quite well.


The eggplant saganaki... being my wife favourite. The eggplant was soft and melted in your mouth along with the tomato based sauce and spices.


... and then our massive meat platter served on a bed of potatoes. There was beef, lamb cutlets, chicken, quail, chorizo and more....


The meal left everyone with meat sweats and regret... as the set menu felt like it was never ending.... even though we all acknowledged the warning not to carb u too early...


We even enjoyed the meal with some Greek Blue Mak beer... which we were told were harder to obtain in Australia. 


Overall what lacked for me in the meal was the meats and the lack of sauces to compliment them to enhance the taste. I wasn't after sauce to smother the seasoned meats... just to break up some of the dryness.

At the end of the day I felt like I was at one of the many Brazilian All-You-Can-Eat meat places... while enjoyable.. it's probably not something I'd be returning back to anytime soon.

Yiamas Greek Taverna on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos