Aqua S

After a horrible dinner at Parlour Burger, we made our way to the other side of town to line up and try the new spectacle which is Aqua S. It took over the space of a failed cake shop and manage to compete effectively across another successful dessert place, Chanoma.


Their concept is quite simple. You choose your soft serve in either a cup of cone (my wife chose Sea Salt and Mint Choc), and then choose your toppings. The most eye catching topping is the fairy floss as is orbits your dessert and makes it look like a dessert on a pink cloud of spun sugar. My wife being the woman she is opts to put all the toppings on... marshmallow, popcorn, popping candy and of course fairy floss.

The hardest part is navigating your way out and then finding a corner nearby to grab some photos and then actually eating the thing.  The novelty of the toppings is just that... but the sea salt combination with mint choc was okay.... but not good enough to justify a line. 

If you intend to give this place a visit, there will be lines but the staff is efficient so the lines will move fast.... the more important thing is when the hype of grabbing a photo of this sugar structure for your Facebook page is over... will it still survive based on it's quality.... and judging by the Urbanspoon feedback.. I think not...


  Aqua S on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos