Ghostboy Cantina

Tucked away in the Asian corners of Dixon House lies a refreshing Latin Asian eatery serving tacos. The name Ghostboy actually derives from how Chinese people refer to foreigners.  



We started with their lamb taco. Drizzle some self serve chilli oil and a splash of lemon juice... and you're ready to go. The Asian fusion came in the form of Asian Pancake wrap (double serving) and the herbs. Though the lamb was a bit dry but the flavours were still quite on point. For me the serving size was literally a bite or two... and then my $6 taco was gone. I did love the Asian plates that brought back fond memories of growing up in a household where matching cutlery and plate sets were not mandatory.



The hidden gem at Ghostboy Cantina has to be their Cauli Taco. That cauliflower was prepared perfect to a tee. It makes eating vegetables fun. Just a splash of that self serve chilli oil is enough to give it the necessary kick to complete the dish. I'd definitely come back for a dose of Cauli.



Nothing pairs better with taco than a beer.. but the next best thing has to be Corn aka Elote. The corn was juicy, the sauce was divine and we were left licking our lips.


As mentioned in previous posts about Dixon House... the cleanliness in this food court is doubtful. In fact when I was taking the photo below, there was a cockroach that decided to claim our table... which we gave up immediately. 


The concept of underground food courts in Chinatown has been predominately Asian but if this is a start of a trend... then I'd be more than welcome to see some of the fly swatting food stores make way for the future.


Ghostboy Cantina Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos