The Vogue Cafe

The ridiculous fad for crazy over indulgent milkshakes has taken over Sydney... and I spent a lot of time refusing to partake. Finally succumbing to what seemed inevitable I made my way to The Vogue Cafe.


There was a line... there always seems to be a line... but fortunately for us we manage to get a seat for two almost immediately. The turnover at this place is not bad if you choose to dine as a couple but larger groups tend to incur longer waits.


We placed an order for their Killer Shake - The Infamous Nutella Milkshake. It took a while to get served. In fact I left my seat thinking I had to order at the counter. I ordered a single milkshake and the waitress tries to up sell me... which I hate. I politely gave a fair reason and declined. She didn't look happy.

The milkshake came and as required I took out all my camera hardware to snap this monstrosity they call a drink. So long were the days when a drink was about flavour.


This milkshake looked like it was eating an ice cream cone filled with gummy worms (which I don't think pairs well at all with a Nutella milkshake) and then thrown in amongst it were peanuts and liquorice allsorts. Seriously WTF? This fad is rage worthy at times. 

So I drank my $9 milkshake which tasted fine (and nothing better than what I'd get at Jazz City Diner) then I had to fish out all the junk left at the bottom of my mason jar with my fingers and a makeshift McGyver spoon aka flimsy straw.... because I couldn't find a waitress to give me a serviette or a spoon. 


The service appears to be friendly at times but it seems to chaotic and unorganised. Maybe they're understaffed, maybe they're not well trained... but whatever it is, it was annoying.


You'll find this tucked away in an unusual location inside Macquarie Center. Away from other eateries and next to an entrance to the car park. Despite its horrid location, it makes up for it with a beautiful decor, social media hype and the highlight of getting Instagram likes for your milkshake photos.


The Vogue Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comments:

Annie Bean said...

You don't sound at all impressed ;-)

And I am with you, what horrid flavour combinations!

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos