Koko Black

After a heavy meal at Sammy's we made a quick pit stop at the Melbourne-Born dessert franchise Koko Black. I recall the days and the hype of travelling to Melbourne and ensuring that a visit at Koko Black for a chocolate fix was a must. Now that it's expanded... I somewhat don't find it as appealing or niche...


I decided to grab their Salted Caramel Delice - Caramel Chocolate Mousse, Caramelised White Chocolate Brulee with a Chewy Caramel Centre.


The mousse and brulee was smooth in texture and the "chewy center" was quite hard and annoying to power through even with a metal spoon. It did manage to break up the consistency of the dessert but what it lacked was a potential opportunity to break free of the monotone flavour which might have generated more ooo's and aaah's. For your $10.50 you will receive quite a petite dessert that also lacked interest by the second bite. I've definitely had better desserts elsewhere and from Koko Black.


Koko Black, located right in the heart of the Civic, offers an elegant surrounding, decent service and enough sugar to keep you smiling. With a large range of chocolates on offer, as well as desserts and drinks, this chocolate franchise will no doubt be around for a long time.

Koko Black Canberra Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos