Chez Frederic

Chez Frederic would barely stand out as you walk pass... but when you walk through the front doors, you can start to understand the charm.....


I stood around staring at their blackboard menu and finally settled for the Duck Ravioli with Leeks and Pink Sauce topped with Parmesan Cheese with no extra cost (mainly because nothing else screamed out to me on the menu). The pasta came out boiling hot. I had to let it cool down before attempting to ingest any. The service only brings out the food and everything from there onwards is self serve. The ravioli came out looking like it was served to me at a friends house. The ravioli was thin, a bit mushy in texture but overall decent enough. The sauce was slightly sweet and paired beautifully well with the pasta.

At $19.50 for the dish, the portion size was a bit stingy. The sauce masked the ravioli count. To be honest, my review leans slightly skewed as it also reflects the fact I waited 22 minutes for my pasta to come out and I was getting hangry... and the fact I sat near the kitchen where the waft of food kepting teasing my senses... it truly did not help the cause.


I noticed not many people dine here alone.. as it made a better venue to dine as a group with friends. Luckily they had some benches by the window where I can enjoy people watching. The place had a great overall atmosphere.... with the ordering area to be a bit more of a canteen style but the indoor dining resembled a contemporary, chic, fine dining venue. They even offered outdoor seating to enjoy the prolonged sunlight.


With the service being a bit hit and miss, the wait times being slightly longer than I'm happy with and the portion size slightly below average I'd probably would not return on my own... but maybe a revisit is in order when some friends from out of town are here.

Chez Frederic Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comments:

High Style said...

The staff here is actually competent and friendly, unlike other places with their pretentious staff guys. The place was magnificent and modern, and the seating was comfy. Truly, the food at New York venues was heavenly and as a visitor I am glad for finding this one.

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos