The Goni's Schnitzeria

Based off a recommendation from an ex-workmate I came here with a promise of large portions of schnitzels drenched in sauce.... and that's exactly what they delivered.

We made a booking before we came (which I highly recommend as there were reserved tables all over this place). The place has just newly been renovated and the decor seems half complete.. half clinical and half bristo-like... depending where you seat. 

The place ranks slightly low on customer service which meant that when you walk in the staff won't greet you with a hello and if you booked... then find your booking on a table. You then go up to the counter and order your food, grab a number and they'll bring it out to you. The cabinet in front of where you order your food is where all the cutlery, sauces, tissues and spare plates are. With family size servings.. I recommend not being a hero and order-ordering.



We ordered a Mediterranean chicken schnitzel with garlic, basil, pine nuts, walnuts and parmesan cheese cooked in a creamy béchamel sauce and melted with cheese. What we got was a schnitzel serving for FOUR people smothered in cheese and béchamel sauce. It looked fantastic when it hit the table with an authoritative thud screaming "The Boss has arrived". 

We ended up taking away 2/3 of the dish because in the battle of schnitzel versus Asian couple... schnitzel won. The takeaway portion was enough for breakfast and lunch the next day. All this for $24. What's great about the menu is no matter what type of schnitzel you chose it was all $24. The takeaway containers can be purchased at the counter for 50 cents or $1 depending on the container size you need. 

The quality.. well it's pretty much a schnitzel done to slightly above average standard. Quite comparable to something you'd get at Essen... except your serving size was on steroids. 


We stupidly thought that it might not be enough food between the both of us to share a schnitzel and bought a Spanish Potato Omelette served with salad, bread and aioli. The heavy carbed-up dish meant we barely made a dent in it before also packing this up to take away.

The aioli was the highlight of the dish and the combination of potato and egg was quite decent... my wife loved it as it combined two of her favourite foods.


I'd definitely come back again as I'm quite keen on trying some veal schnitzel smothered in their wide range of sauce toppings....

The Goni's Schnitzelria on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos