Sizzling Filo

I begged my wife not to come here but she insisted that she was craving Filo food. This wasn't our first Sizzling Filo experience, hence my hesitation. Anyways here we go...


We both were more peckish than hungry so we only ordered two dishes. I started off with their Sizzling Sisig. It comprises of Chopped Pork Cheek topped with raw egg and crushed Chicharon. Sisig is usually one of my favourite Filopino dishes but this place massacred the dish. Saying this dish was dry is me being nice as it was leaning towards inedible. Half the pork cheek were burn and everything had no more moisture left.


We also got my wife's favorite dish Sinigang - Pork with Veggies cooked in Tamarind Soup. I didn't mind the Sinigang but my wife was not impressed. She wanted to relive the lov of a home-cooked Sinigang but this meal was far from it. She loves her soup very sour... and this was mild... which in my opinion probably suits the majority better.



I think what's more annoying than not getting served immediately when we walked in was the fact they have karaoke. Not a controlled karaoke environment mind you. They had people hooking up their iPhones to the speakers in the restaurant and then singing and rapping to their hearts content to backing tracks found on Youtube. Unfortunately the night we rocked up the people in control were some kids who chose to beatbox, rap, yell and sing loudly into the mic all night long.


So the combination of questionable food quality, the possibility of unbearable karaoke and a decor that's a blast from the past... I don't think I'd be returning unless the meal was free...

Sizzling Fillo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos