Cafe Aroma

To cure her Hainanese Chicken cravings, she dragged me all the way to Croydon. I guess the stomach wants what it wants.


My wife just comes here for one thing, Hainanese Chicken with Bone. She's a massive lover of this dish and this place definitely ranks in her Top 3 of best Hainese Chicken in Sydney. The Hainanese Chicken is always great and consistent. The chicken is juicy and soft. The rice could do with more flavour but it's already way better than average. The best part is the portion size, it's spot on. The perfect ratio of chicken to rice.


I wasn't too hungry and just settled for a bowl of Chicken and Corn Soup. This has to be one of my favourite soups as it reminds me of what my mum would make me when I'm not feeling well. The soup was of a good consistency and perfect for those cold nights. The portion size was fair in accordance with the price. The overall flavouring was a bit under par... not by much but could have done with more seasoning.


To top off a perfect Hainanese Chicken dish, she had to pair it with her other favourite... Coconut Juice. 


We use to be loyal customers back in the day when they were located at Burwood... and now at their new location in Croydon, we still make an effort. They provided typical Asian service but I felt they were a bit more attentive than usual. Got to give credit where credit is due. The decor consisted of cafe style seats and tables in a clean and roomy layout. Best of all they even provide free WiFi and TV.  



I love how this place isn't pretentious, the prices are low and the food is reliable. Come for the chicken and stay for the WiFi/TV. Definitely a hidden gem in my books.


Cafe Aroma G&C Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos