Kang Chon Korean Restaurant

This lil' Korean restaurant is tucked away amongst the array of half-empty restaurants in Newington. I find this food district in general is built for the locals to dine at. We stumbled onto this place because it was one of the few restaurants that opened late on a Sunday night. The place was half full and we were the only non Korean diners there at the time.... always a good sign.


My wife had the Fried Kimchi and Beef in the Hot Stone Pot. I love how their food comes in the hot stone pot as it keeps the food warm but you need to be more careful not to burn yourself while eating.  The serving size was decent, the chilli kick was fantastic with a lingering tingle, there was enough sauce and the flavours were full bodied and best of all tasted like a fantastic home cooked meal.


I just went for the traditional Bibimbap in the Hot Stone Pot. This is such a typical signature dish. With the dish came a bottle of sauce to self-serve. I never know how much sauce to douse on the food, but I always start off with a little and keep tasting and adding more sauce if required. Better safe than sorry. The chilli kick was great and had a nice sweet touch it as well. I also loved how the stone hot pot overcooked some of the rice on the bottom of the bowl, which added a slight crunch to it. The amount of meat (if any) was very low to non existent.


Like all Korean places, it comes with complimentary sides like Bean Sprouts, Kimchi, Pickled Onions and Macaroni. I notice some of the other customers requesting for more sides.


We sat near the door and there was still a lot of cold draft coming through even though the doors were closed. The decor is simple and humble, the layout is cosy and the service is friendly... like welcoming you into their home  and promising nothing but food from their mum. Best of all, they accept credit card as payment.


With fair prices, a large variety of home cooked styled meals and warm service... I can see myself revisiting if I'm too lazy to cook.

Click to add a blog post for Kang-Chon Korean Restaurant on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos