Broddogs

Being new to Canberra I consulted my work colleagues about places to eat. The one suggestion that caught my attention was The Hamlet - a collection of food vans in a small urban village. 


The other main reason was I had to come try BrodBurgers counterpart. After the reputation BrodBurger has had on the nations capital, I can only expect big things with their gourmet hotdogs. Located in Braddon sits this bright, shiny red food truck. Appearance alone, it beckons your business... at least to pay for more wax.


One of the best things about this place has to be the option to choose your hotdog size (Big Dog or a Puppy). This allowed me to sample more than one. They still jam pack the smaller alternative with all their extras and on top of all those choices, you can even choose the type of frankfurt/kransky as well.


I sampled the Chilli Cheese Dog with Beef Chilli, Fondue Cheese Sauce, Corn Relish and Shaved Gruyere Cheese. First and foremost the chilli level was decent. It did not have any lingering tingling sensations but it was enough to add that needed hint of flavour it promised (through the Spicy Kransky and Beef Chilli). It was always going to be a great combination of flavours and the end result was something I'd expect to get from Harry's in Woolloomooloo. It was also just as messy to eat.


I also stuffed my face with the New Yorker - Sauerkraut cooked with Triple Smoked Pork Belly, Corn Relish and Mustard. The saukerkraut, mustard and kransky made for a familiar formula that just works. The kransky did remind me of a massive Twiggy Salami after a while... which I love anyways. I think that's what this place does so well.... it doesn't try too hard to be fancy to a point where flavours become to experimental. 



The area has a lot of seating on the night I went (weeknight at around 6pm). The seating seems to be a general free for all with no direct ownership to particular trucks. The parking around here can be challenging at the best of times but if you circle long enough you can find something close by.


I love this area as it provides a relaxed atmosphere to hang out with friends. Not only is it full of food trucks but it just has a chilled vibe about it. Broddogs won't blow you away, but it'll serve you consistent and tasty food without breaking the bank.

Broddogs Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos