Chef's Gallery

After doing some damage on the credit card at Macquarie Shopping Centre, we definitely needed a recharge... and since I've never been to Chef's Gallery and always wanted to try it... we simply made a beeline.

We ordered a dish under the Noodles Served Dry section - Prawns and Pork Wontons, Handmade Noodles served with Minced Chicken and Chopped Lettuce in a Shanghainese Style Spicy Sauce. After my first bite... I was blown away.


The handmade noodles had that necessary "bite" to it... where it's not soggy and had almost a crunch. The sauce...just speechless... it had the right amount of kick... was of the perfect consistency to blend in with the amount of noodles they served... and paired with the wonton... just wow... you can even taste the freshness of the solid chunks of the prawns inside. At the end... I just wanted another bowl...


We also got their Wok Fried Medium Grain Rice with Three Kinds of Egg (Chicken Egg, Salted Duck Eg and Century Egg). The fried rice was equally as amazing. The rice was soft, fluffy and the slight oily taste with the essence of egg in the air was just fantastic. It was almost a creamy feeling to it that just made you feel good inside with every bite. It's the dish that my wife wishes she had a recipe to so we can replicate it at home.


We then opted for some Prawn and Squid Shui Mai Topped with Avocado and Fish Roe Paste. The Shui Mai was better than any I've had at yum-cha... which for me is where they should have stopped. The addition of Avacado and Fish Roe Paste didn't really enhance the dish any further... in fact it made it feel more Westernised like a California Roll to sushi....


To finish off... we had to go for the infamous Chef's Gallery Sesame 'Piggy Face' Buns. Not only were the buns photogenic and a great conversation starter... but when you bite inside... it oozes with black sesame goodness.


What I loved about it was it wasn't a typical paste.. but instead it was like my beloved Black Sesame Soup (and a good one at that). It was a definite eye's rolling to the back of my head kind of delicious moment feeling. 

What did make me laugh was their Totoro inspired dessert (marshmallow coated with desiccated coconut)... it just resembled demonised KKK heads on a plate...


The service was pretty good as well... they had enough staff to cater for the large amount of customers (I got into the restaurant before the rush of customers came hence why the photo looks like the place was empty). 


They sat us down but as customers came, they requested us to move to the back of the restaurant to a two seater... which wasn't a big deal for us anyways. 


The meal came out to be around $50 for two people which for their quality was well worth it...the meals were all plated nicely, the service was friendly and the food quality was above and beyond... I look forward to another visit because this is a great example of how you do simple foods and you do it well.

Click to add a blog post for Chefs Gallery on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos