Tartine

It's been a while since I've been excited to venture out for Friday lunches and after reading some reviews on Tartine... I was convinced this was my next stop on my Friday eating adventure.

On an unrelated topic/excuse to rant... the "short" drive from work was far from that with the traffic on Gardener's Road being unbelievably hectic that day... just a convoy of slow trucks and bad drivers... which surprisingly dissipates once I passed Botany Road.

Unfortunately on my arrival the onsite parking was full, which was a shame, but you can easily borrow the parking across the road at Bunnings...


To be honest I came here for one thing... it was for their Lasagna Jaffle. Jaffles alone brings back only good memories... the delicious breakfast treat my mum prepares as I get ready for school.. that warm waft of jaffle goodness circulating the house to the first delicious bite into a ham, cheese, tomato and pickle filled jaffle. This childhood love probably explains why when I first moved out a jaffle maker was on my list of appliances as a necessity...


Though the concept of jaffles are simple.. it still excites me. Their Lasagna Jaffle is exactly as described.. a slice of Lasagna inside a jaffle. For me, the lasagna was a touch on the dry side... not by much... just me being slightly picky. It would have been nice to have an element of hot melted cheese oozing from the center... to add a new texture and for the extra wow factor. In saying that it was still fantastic to feast on the creation... especially since the idea alone was enough to prompt a visit...


To cater for my sweet tooth, I manage to wolf down a Sweet Tartine comprising of pears, ricotta, crumble and honey on a sour cherry toast. Tartine is essentially an open-faced sandwich. What I loved about the dessert was it's simplicity... it was elegantly executed and each bite was consistent. There was no need for heavily drenched flavours (which I normally love) as the taste combination was subtle but effective. Plus you know it's good when you're trying to scoop up all the crumbs on the plate with a fork...


In regards to cost, most bloggers emphasised on its sub $10 menu.. though in my case there were a few things that broke that rule (not by much)... but still considerably cheap for a unique cafe experience.

The decor comprises of mismatched furniture salvaged from the streets paired with a cosy layout that caters for around sixty. It's also a fresh change that I no longer need to sit through the typical fake "vintage/industrial" layouts made up of goods with fresh Made in China labels on it.


The biggest highlight for me was their customer service.... I appreciated that the place radiated with a positive energy, staff that's full of enthusiasm and most importantly genuine customer service... which is rare.


This place is a definite hidden gem... situated on a massive road... yet hidden in plain site... but the offerings in food, value and customer service will ensure the Tartine name spreads...


Click to add a blog post for Tartine on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos