Bondi Pizza

Being a VIP member of Bondi Pizza has it's perks and one of their recent promotions was an invitation to a complimentary tasting of their new Smokey BBQ Pulled Pork pizza.... to which I gladly obliged.


Feeling slightly obligated to order something other than the free pizza, we wanted to pair it with a small 8" pizza option... just to have some variety... but annoyingly this place doesn't offer 8" pizzas for dinner or weekends. I'm not sure it is officially mentioned in their menus... but I didn't see it.


This basically forced us to go for some sides... we ended up ordering two very simple and safe options... first up was their Nachos - a bed of crispy corn chips smothered in cheese, ground beef and red kidney beans and then topped with sour cream, guacamole and tomatoes with a side of chilli sauce. The nachos reminded us of just how simple this is.. and how we could easily make this at home. All the ingredients tasted fresh and that chilli sauce had the neccesary kick.


Next on order was their Tomato and Mozzarella Bruschetta - cherry tomatoes, Italian buffalo mozzarella, Spanish onion and basil served on toasted organic ciabatta bread with balsamic glaze. Yet again fresh ingredients tasted fantastic but it would have been nice to have some more basil mixed into the tomato rather than random leaves sitting on the plate in a deconstructed style. Both were a great start to the meal.


Finally the BBQ Pulled Pork pizza arrived.... covered in parsley, cheese, balsamic onions, pulled pork, a drizzle of smokey BBQ sauce, coleslaw, coriander all on top of a smokey BBQ and tomato base.


As mentioned in my previous posts... I don't really go out looking for pulled pork... it's too simple of a dish to slow cook and make yourself. The pulled pork was unfortunately on the drier side.. and the pizza base with the mixture of the topping made it feel extra soggy to eat... which was quite off putting. The only crunchy texture to this thin based pizza was it's thin crust.  I managed to do a few slices and my wife struggled to do a slice and a half...


This addition to their menu is quite disappointing as I normally do rate this place for their dependable and great pizzas. Maybe it was just this one time with a bad batch or a slight hiccup in the menu... regardless I definitely would not order this again.

Click to add a blog post for Bondi Pizza on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos