Top Choice BBQ Restaurant

We got baited. Wait... let's step back for a second. We were standing outside Top Choice BBQ Restaurant, looking at their menu from afar. The guy comes out and indicates they have a better menu on their wall but it's a bit further in the restaurant... to which we walk in to get a better look... next he shows us a smaller menu in his hand.. and goes "Why don't you sit down and take a look? And we got free soup and tea." Next thing you know we're seated with tea and soup and pretty much committed to eat there. Like I said baited....


So we started off with the free soup. It was quite bland... and had a slight resemblance to what they would serve you at a Chinese restaurant before a meal.


I had a craving for suckling pig so I ordered a Suckling Pig and Rice. The meat was dry but the skin was very crispy. The rice serving was more than enough and the greens... were just edible. Overall it was very ordinary and no where near worth the $15 they charged.


My wife got something similar and chose the duck instead.... it too was average and the duck was slightly cold as well... and they didn't give any sauce with it.

What we notice was a trend of just single males sitting and dining in... not sure what was up with that... though with places like that eat in option seems to be a second thought as most customers ordered to takeaway. Don't be expecting any fancy decore and ambience either...


Definitely not a place I'd revisit again for this cuisine. I'd be tempted to try the one down the road or venture back to Eastwood for something more decent.


Click to add a blog post for Top Choice Barbeque on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos