Canton Noodle House

My dad spent the afternoon installing all this random stuff in my garage for me so we decided to take him out to eat something he likes.... some good ol' fashion authentic food at Canton Noodle House.

It's situated on the main eat-strip of Burwood on Burwood Road... alongside many other wannabes... but this place holds its own. It's cosy, a bit hawkerish, you might need to wait for seats and it's not the cleanest but it's clean enough. The waitress is working overtime with such a high turnover but seems to have the whole place under control. 

We started off with the Won Ton Soup with Noodles. I love this... really reminds me of how it was in Mongkok, Hong Kong... except not served with the waitresses finger dipped into my soup. The Won Ton and Noodles had this crunchy bite to it. It really added that texture needed when doing this dish right. Even the meat filling in the Won Ton was quite generous and delicious. It comes out piping hot... but there's just no patience in me to wait for it to cool....


Next we had the Eggplant with Spicy Mince and Rice. One of my wife's favourite combination of flavours. This place did the dish justice. The eggplant was soft and saucy... and with a hint of a lil' kick.


Last but not least we ordered the Beef Chow Mein... which they initially got wrong but they corrected the dish without any fuss. The best part of this dish has to be the noodles come out crunchy... which I try and get onto my plate and into my mouth before the sauce kills the buzz. I know right.. the only time I don't want sauce lingering on my food. The meat is tender and the vegetables just balance out the dish but do make it slightly blander.


All that the meal came out to be under $30... and it left all three of us feeling just full enough. The place even comes with complimentary hot tea.


You might not get service with a smile.. because they're busy and Asian BUT if you're after some authentic and lip smacking Chinese food... the make a beeline for Canton Noodle House... I don't think it'll disappoint.

Click to add a blog post for Canton Noodle House on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos