Paula's Empanadas

I was after quick lunch and really wanted to give Paula's a try. I rocked up up just before a rush of other patrons and got my order in with the help of a lady there. The service was friendly and they didn't rush me despite me not knowing what to order.


My first order was their Dulche De Leche Cake. This is soaked in sweetness and topped with more sweetness.... but it was so wrong where it's so right. I polished this dessert off last... despite being already so full.


My next order was their Chilean Dulche de Leche Doughnut. It was deep fried, oily, salty and sweet. It was more than a mouthful but it's small size packed a big flavour.



I then tried a Lomito Completo - Sliced pork meat, tomato, sauerkraut and mayonnaise. The initial bite left an impression of a dry, sauceless burger.... then the super sourness of the sauerkraut hit and I was definitely taken back. It really didn't help because I had a cut on my lip and the combination stung. There was a thick dollop of mayo but this seemed to only add a creamy texture and no enough flavouring to the mix. What made the burger great was if you got a perfect bite of everything in one go... but the sandwich was quite sloppy which made this very difficult. Overall I've had way better burgers and I wouldn't come here for this...


The pastry of the empanada was fantastic... so fresh and so soft...


The cheese was gooey...oozing out after every bite.... but still overall it lacked some sauce element to it.. yes I know I love sauces... and I'm sure they would have had sauces if I chose to dine in...


For the price the burger was a decent to large size, the empanadas were fresh and fantastic...and the desserts left me eager to try more... I think I'll definitely be back for another round of empanadas and dulche de leche everything...

Click to add a blog post for La Paula Empanadas on Zomato

2 comments:

Bianca@forfoodssake said...

Oh my - that cheese empanada!!! :)

Unknown said...

My children were searching for a form a few days ago and came across a great service with a huge forms library . If people are searching for it too , here's https://goo.gl/WP0STq.

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos