Jonga Jip Korean BBQ Restaurant

We find ourselves on a double date here for dinner which was a blessing in disguise as it would have been quite hard to cater for any group larger than four. The worst part of this side of Eastwood is the lack of parking... and it doesn't help when places like this and Jeans are drawing large crowds of hungry patrons.


What you will notice that is unique about this Korean BBQ is that you get a ridiculous amount of sides... I know most Korean places offer 5 sides max... and that's quite generous already...


... but this place... well it was as I said 'ridiculous'. I'm not complaining as almost every dish was quite delicious but just the sheer mass of free food is crazy.


I'm not going to attempt to describe what side dishes came out as I'm no expert in Korean foods nor claim to be but as you scroll down you can judge for yourselves.


The list of free entrees includes bean sprouts, potatoes, sweet potato, sauces, greens, fish, kimchi, tofu, onions and more.... I didn't even get a chance to grab a photo of all the sides...


The most annoying thing about all the sides is sitting on a table that doesn't cater for all the dishes...


The other thing is there is no proper suction vents that cleanly disposes of the smoke from the BBQ... which caused massive irritation to my sister in law's eyes.... and it's not like they can't afford it as they somehow manage to afford a large electronic clock in the restaurant...


Also the other thing is furniture.... most of us were sitting on chairs that had the leather almost completely peeling from every section... can you please throw these out and replace them?


Another thing you'll find different about this place is the constant yelling from staff across the room to each other and to customers as they enter and exit... like at a fish market... It made it quite hard to hear each other talk... especially with the loud music blasting as well...


But despite all that the food was quite decent, the service was efficient... which is all I really ask for at the end of the day....


We ordered a Small plate of Stir Fried Potato Noodles... but the dish we got was very generous in size. The overall taste was great... the texture was quite dense and thick.


We also ordered one of their Assorted BBQ Meat plates consisting of rib eye steak, boneless beef rib, pork belly and marinated beef short ribs. 


On top of that we ordered a Green Onion Seafood Pancake....


and a plate of Bulgogi Marinated Meat....


The birds eye view showed our epic order as we manage to play a massive game of tetris all night shifting plates around to make it all fit...


To compliment the meal we even tried their plum wine... which tasted very much like medicine...



The realisation, as we manage to have two boxes of leftovers, is that we over-ordered... probably enough to cater for 6 people...or more. My advice... don't go crazy with ordering... all the sides are refillable and most dishes were larger than expected.


I think if you don't over order, and leave feeling like you're about to give birth to a food baby... then the generous amount of sides, quick service and good food makes this a great Korean BBQ dining experience.


Click to add a blog post for Jonga Jip on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos