Paesonella

Today my wife organised a triple date brunch. The girls sat on one end and the guys on the other. We (the guys) always makes sure another guy is coming along. It's protocol. Who else will we talk to about work, cars and other guy stuff with. The cafe, it sets the mood for chilling', chatting and coffee. As the clock strikes for midday, a surge of hungry groups swarmed the cafe and the smell of sizzling food filled the room.

It was another scorching day on the weekend. Somewhat a norm lately for our summers. The heat subsides slightly in the shade of the cafe and we immediately order some cold beverages to quench our thirst. Iced coffees all-round. I caved into the caffeine sipping majority when I found myself uttering "Yea and ice-coffee as well."

There was a staff there on the day who spoke basic english. She was able to answer some questions for me but did get the iced coffee order a bit wrong.


They recommended the big burger and the spaghetti marinara. To which the wife and I agreed we'll share those between us to get the best of both worlds. I like that about being a couple. The option to order a self constructed sampling platter.

The spaghetti marinara was bland. Just some watery sauce slushing against seafood and spaghetti... which was also bland. Oh wait I already said that.. well that's how bland it was. We struggled to finish the dish... Not even the salt and pepper shakers were able to make any difference.


One of the other orders I had my eye on was their pasta with ricotta. I snuck a small taste and regretted it immediately. Not because the dish was horrid but the ricotta was super creamy and this was the better pasta dish to order.


The burger arrived with a knife through it. It yelled out "You can't conquer me" as my wife drew the knife out and sliced it in half. The burger had a nice dollop of sauce. It made it a messy task to cleanly devour it. The chips were cooked to almost perfection... I agree with one of the other guys... a slight bit longer and those chips would have been crunchy as well. Also the waitress was more than happy to bring out a generous serving of aoli sauce to dip.

Overall the food portions were massive. We failed to finish both dishes. My wife didn't even finish the iced coffee. Sitting next to the gelato display did not help with the urge for something sweet. I spoke loudly among the group about buffalo milk and how they had it here to which one of the waitresses mentioned their buffalo gelato. She brought out two scoops and told us it was on the house.


Apologies to them for showing the photo. She assures me it's more nicely presented if you ordered it. The gelato tasted like super sweet milk. A slight resemblance to white rabbit candy, except without the edible wrapper.


To walk off the food, we scaled the stairs to Level 3. That's their deli and cheese shop. Level 2 is their office. The staff up here were also very attentive and friendly. They recommended some spicy cured meats, this other one with garlic and fennel and a double brie that melted in your mouth like clouds made of marshmellows. We enjoyed them that night with my wife's family and it was a hit.... paired with some Jatz crackers and grapes... and oddly for me a Duff beer.


Their service is top notch. Not a thing they won't do for their customers but I don't think I'd be back for their food... maybe just to get some more meats and cheeses.

Paesanella Food Emporium on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos