Kingston Public Bar and Kitchen

Another night, another celebration for my wife for her birthday. I think I have like four or five blog entries lately all related to eating with out her.... and it's not even one of the big celebrations... I'll be broke when she turns the dirty thirty....


We managed to book ourselves a dimly lit table at the back. It was hot and dark compared to the rest of the place. Would have loved to sit closer to the entrance with some natural light. Actually the hardest thing is finding the place... the sign on the outside says Nothing to see here... but the place is called Kingston Public Bar and Kitchen.... I had to google the address to confirm I was in the right place...


At least the menu was in full sight near us. A mixed feeling of how hungry we all were left us to order one dish less than the amount of people on the table. I think it's a mathematically proven formula.


I loved that they had some craft beer on tap... and ordered yet another beer from the Rocks Brewing Co. It hardly disappoints.


To start off we had the chicken liver parfait with pickled grapes.


Next we had the herb filled sardines with polenta and balsamic. I personally am not a big fan of sardines. Which means if the wife opens up a can at home... she better be finishing it off as well...


Next we had the crab bisque with angel hair pasta and herb salad. Okay... so now we can add the garnishing as part of what comes with the dish on the menu.... seems unnecessary.


Then we tried the crispy pork belly with pumpkin, asparagus and green olive.


The next dish was the Staff meal aka a Meatball Sub with provolone and chips. This dish was a confused order. As a joke my friend recommended this dish thinking who'd order that.... misinterpreted we actually ordered it. The hardest part of the dish was splitting it into 7 pieces for everyone to share.


To finish off we had the Hanger Steak with kipflers and dutch carrots.

The reason I didn't really describe how the food tasted was because it was all so forgettable. This place is a great place to eat some decent-forgetable foods and have a few drinks and just enjoy the company you're with...

Kingston Public Bar & Kitchen on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos