Road To Berry Eating Spree

To Berry we venture say the girls... and off we went as a group of 7 in a borrowed van. 


Our first and foremost crucial stop was The Famous Berry Donut Van. I was secretly excited and curious about how great these donuts were. I've never been a massive fan of donuts... the colourful ones catch my eye but I never really crave them. The lines weren't ridiculous when we got there but as we ordered and were waiting around, the amount of people grew and grew.


The biggest problem was how fast they were pumping out donuts. All donuts were made fresh upon order and that slowed down the production line when people were buying a massive bagful. 

When we finally got the donuts, it was piping hot, slightly burning the finger tips. You can smell the cinnamon from a distance... I must admit they just taste like regular cinnamon donuts... the fact they cook it on the spot and you get it hot out of the burning oil is what makes it great... so fresh!


Our next stop was Jim Wild's Oysters... 


Fortunately for us the guy who ordered before us showed us these massive Pacific Oysters that he bought for $20 a dozen as opposed to the smaller Rock Oysters on their menu. We were all more than happy to try these chunky monsters... Curiosouly we asked the girl serving and she hooked us up with the last three dozen of Pacifics. We stood around happily waiting as they freshly shucked them for us. 


During this time we bumped into the man himself... Jim Wild. He explained to us the Oyster farming process, which was quite fascinating... especially knowing that it takes three years from the first time they capture it to farming it and to me ordering it... ready to eat... and it only takes 3 seconds to eat it... 


Some of the other guys ordered the plate of prawns for $10. They were really fresh and delicious too. 


Unfortunately one of our members was allergic to seafood which meant our last pitstop left her hungry so we dropped by DJ's fish 'n' chips for her to grab a burger... and we all got a bit piggy ourselves and ordered some food as well.

What I notice about down in these areas is customer service is not that high... because people seem to come back no matter what... either that or new tourists are coming all the time...

The first incident was when the lady in front of us was complaining how her fish cocktails didn't come with chips. The guy barked at her and said 'Does it say that on the board?' and she was shocked at the rude service and walked away muttering 'I'll never eat here again'



The second incident was when we had to wait for around 20-30 minutes for our food to be ready. We shared a family pack between four of us which had 8 chicken nuggets, 8 calamari rings, 8 fish cocktails and a medium serving of chips.... which was enough to feed four starving people... of which we were not. The order was way too excessive for our needs...



We manage to polish half of each box, ordered some cold drinks to wash it down, chucked a handful of chips at a massive hungry pelican and jumped into the car and headed home.

Thanks to all those who helped organise the trip... it was definitely a great day out.... which turned into an amazing food adventure.





0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos