Bau Truong

What I'm thankful for is growing up in a family with a mum who cooks this type of food every second week. We were spoilt when we're young and now I spend my life searching for foods to excite me...


We settled for Bau Truong as my birthday dinner location because it satisfied the majority and in any group dinner situation... that seems to be the most important factor.


I've tried the Marrickville branch vs the Cabramatta branch and found the Cabramatta branch more authentic... but harder to order your food. The menu is very extensive. What goes with what? Does this taste good and how many dishes do I order since it's a very Vietnamese tapas style meal.


The Marrickville branch was basically sold as a westerners trap... meaning that the food was dumbed down, simplified the menu, placed all dishes on tiny plates to appear more sophisticated.


I love how the Cabramatta one serves with rice paper wraps, lots of lettuce, clean white plates and enough dipping sauces for all on the table... well kinda... my wife and I had to share... but I'm sure I could have asked for another one.


The service is quick... but the fact it's so busy, they aren't as attentive. They made a mistake and brought over the wrong dish to our table and left immediately. I had to bring it to their attention and I'm not even sure if they added it to our bill... The bill just had a total and we paid it without arguing... hmmmm....


The food tasted very fresh and was fantastic just like home... though at home if you could make it yourself it would be half the cost to the feed the same amount of people...


It's definitely a place to bring a group to try as there's plenty of great dishes on the menu... too many to try if you choose to dine as a couple.


What I do love about this place is that this is the side of Vietnamese food that most people don't get to experience... the type that eat a bowl of Pho and feel cultured for life... plus this is the type of food that you eat heaps and don't feel bloated afterwards.  So go to Bau Truong and expand the Vietnamese taste buds...


Bau Truong on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos