Sushizilla

So I heard that near my work place at Central Park was this sushi train... and it was just $2 a plate... I had to investigate.

My wife and I have officially decided over one of our nonsensical conversations that if we were to choose to live off one cuisine, it'd be Japanese... our love for sushi and ramen sealed the deal.


Sushizilla had a fantastic decor and layout....I'd recommend getting there early if you like to be seated right next to the sushi train... otherwise you'll be seated at the outer tables and be forced to walk back and forth... which for me would have ruined the experience...


The fact it's only $2 meant that it was riddled with conditions... Number 1... you can only eat the sushi from the sushi train.... ordering from the screen might incur more costs...


Number 2... there wasn't a massive variety to choose from...we sat and watched the plates do multiple rounds and I counted less than 20 choices circling around... though as we started leaving they did place on a few newer choices...


Number 3 ... They have white plated sushi which was basically sashimi and these were not included in the $2 special.


Number 4... The deal is only valid for after 5pm on weekdays and on weekends....


The main reason for this special is quite clear when you get there. Despite the building being situated on such a main road... the building itself doesn't get as much foot traffic as you would think. Sushizilla is located on the upper level which gets even less foot traffic... which basically means, this place either shuts early or does something like this...


Our favourite was a mixture of the soft shell crab sushi and seared tuna. Ooooo I can't forget to mention the avocado and sashimi roll as well... we couldn't seem to find another plate after what seems to be the one and only plate from the train for the night...


The staff was very friendly in getting people in and seated... I just wished they remembered to offer and bring the table water. I hate being that customer asking for free water while eating discounted sushi...


I love the fact the don't surcharge for using credit cards as well... that was an extra plus for the night.


Since the cost per plate was cheaper than the usual $3 we pay... I think we subconsciously decided topolish off more plates than we normally do...


Just look at that stack below.... I'm sure it's not impressive and others can easily beat our personal best... but that's 13 plates of sushi...


I left feeling full and quite satisfied... sure the variety is not as wide as I'd like but hey... it's $2...

Sushizilla on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos